Savannah Senior Health News – Alzheimer’s, Dementia
Today’s Savannah Senior Health News spotlight is on memory loss – Alzheimer’s & Dementia.
We have all forgot someones name or misplaced an item, but as we age it can cause concern. Am I or a Savannah senior loved one showing the onset of dementia or even Alzheimer’s? These five signs can be helpful when determining when its time to discuss memory loss with your physician.
There are many causes of memory loss. Not all are associated with dementia.
These tips should help our Savannah seniors evaluate if they are just having a “senior moment” or if it is time to talk to a health care provider about memory loss.
Here are five behaviors to look for when determining whether to discuss memory loss with your doctor.
- Your Coastal Georgia family member repeats himself during the same conversation. He tells the same stories or makes the same comments again and again without seeming to be aware that he just told you the story. He/she has trouble remembering the answers to question that you have answered for him. For example, Your father asks you several times, a few minutes apart when you are leaving for his doctor appointment.
- Your Coastal Empire Senior has lost interest in activities that she used to love. For example, your mother has always loved to read and now rarely reads books or magazines (start by asking if a large type book or tablet app would be helpful).
- Your Savannah senior is having trouble completing every day tasks. For example, your aunt always balanced her checking account to the penny and now she is bouncing checks.
- Your Coastal Georgia senior has trouble finding the right word when speaking and often talks around missing words or substitutes an incorrect word. For example, your grandfather needs a spoon to stir his coffee and he says I need..you know that thing that mixes the sugar…
- Your Savannah senior seems unusually moody, easily upset or angered and experiences mood swings.
We hope today’s feature, Savannah Senior Health News – Alzheimer’s, Dementia, has been helpful.
Many conditions can cause these five behaviors. If you start to notices these signs, it is time to talk to a Coastal Georgia medical professional.
Would you like to promote your business, event, or organization to our Georgia Senior Citizens?
Daryl Fant. Publisher, Coastal Empire Seniors
You can market effectively to senior citizens in Georgia. Coastal Empire Seniors is here to help.
No one does more to make it easy for Savannah area seniors 55+ to find you online.
Call today and watch your company climb in Google, Yahoo, and Bing searches.
Soon, you will dominate the top search engines.
Do SEO Marketing in Georgia right – with Coastal Empire Seniors.