Savannah Senior Health News – Be a St. Joseph “Smart Senior”
Coastal Georgia Seniors yearn for a place to belong, to grow new friendships, to learn new skills and hobbies. Many find all of these things and more through St. Joseph’s Smart Senior Program.
Smart Senior is one of the most comprehensive senior membership program in Southeast Georgia for persons ages 55 years and older. With over 4,000 members, the SmartSenior Program has something for everyone.
For a nominal annual membership fee of only $15, members enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Health screenings – Blood Pressure, Memory, Hearing, Stroke, and Skin Cancer Screenings.
- Educational health seminars – Monthly Lunch and Learn and Breakfast Bunch seminars where members enjoy a complimentary meal and a presentation by health professionals and community leaders on topics of interest.
- Computer training classes – This six-week class teaches basic terminology, file organization, how to type letters and send e-mail and more. Classes meet once a week.
- Line-dancing classes – SmartSenior offers beginner and intermediate line-dancing classes on a weekly basis.
- Medicare counseling – For assistance in understanding those daunting Medicare forms, policies and procedures, a counselor is available by appointment.
- Merchant discount program – You will receive an extensive merchant discount list featuring discounts to SmartSenior members at retail and restaurant establishments throughout the area, as well as discounts at the Candler and St. Joseph’s Hospital cafeterias.
- Travel club and discounts – Discover new places and cultures while making friends at special discounted rates with SmartSenior’s exclusive travel provider. Travel adventures include short day trips to nearby destinations, as well as longer excursions to destinations like New York City and abroad.
- Office services – Free office services including faxing, photocopying and notary services, as well as the use of computers with Internet access.
- Hospitalization benefits – Hospital inpatients receive complimentary newspapers, private rooms and a SmartSenior Newsletter.
- Special events – Popular social events such as the Bingo Bash and Picnic in Daffin Park, and the Season Celebration Dinner/Dance are offered annually to SmartSenior members.
- YMCA – Discount on the joiner’s fee at any YMCA of Coastal Georgia. Free photocopying and fax services are also available to SmartSenior members at any YMCA in the local area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the requirements for membership in SmartSenior?
The program and its services are available to individuals who are 55 years of age and older. A short application form will need to be completed.
Does membership include a discount on my hospital bill?
No, membership does not include discounts on hospital services.
Where are activities held?
Some activities are held in the SmartSenior office, while others are held in community centers or at St. Joseph’s and Candler Hospitals. Our SmartSenior Newsletter, sent to all members, designates what events are occurring at each location.
How do I join?
For further information or to apply for membership in the SmartSenior Program, please drop by the office or give us a call:
#8 Medical Arts Center
Savannah, GA 31405
Phone: (912) 352-4405
- Savannah senior events
- Coastal Georgia senior organizations (veteran’s groups, social organizations, and hobby groups)
- Senior living facilities
- Products that can make their lives easier – or better
Do you have a marketing message for Georgia senior citizens?
We can help you deliver it 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Daryl Fant, Publisher Coastal Empire Seniors
- (512) 567-8068
We hope you have enjoyed today’s feature: Savannah Senior Health News – Be a St. Joseph “Smart Senior”.
Stay tuned for more of the latest Coastal Empire Senior News.
We are your Savannah Senior News source.