Savannah Senior Calendar – Grandparent’s Day
Savannah Senior News – Enjoy a memorable Grandparent’s Day with your family!
Grandparents Day is almost here Savannah – September 13th.
There are many wonderful activities Savannah grandparents can share with their families.
Here are some ideas for a memorable Grandparents Day in Savannah:
- Share a game of miniature golf at Island Miniature Golf, ten minutes from downtown Savannah.
- Many Savannah grandparents remember the family picnics of our youth. Bring the tradition back and share a picnic in history Forsyth Park. Keep it simple with sandwiches or do it old school with cold fried chicken, potato salad, and other Southern favorites.
- Rent a Chatham County Park for a family reunion – and get lots of photos! How many more times will Savannah grandparents get to share with the whole family together. I like to get photos now while I still have hair…
- Share a fun family meal at a kid friendly Savannah restaurant like B&D Burger. Great flavor for the adults and what Savannah grandchild doesn’t like burgers and fries?
- Introduce your grandchildren to the magic of offshorefishing with Amick’s Deep Sea Fishing Savannah. Nothing wrong with catching a few perch (a perfect option for a grandchild’s first fishing experience), but the deep sea offers some magic of its own – is your grandchild ready to catch a BIG fish?
- Pottery painting lets Savannah grandmother’s share a craft with her grandchildren – and have some wonderful keepsakes to remember the special day. Try Star Pottery in Savannah.
- There was a time when spending special time with grandmother in our family meant high tea – not a bad tradition to rediscover. The Tea Room in Savannah is a great option – but reservations are required, so call today.
We hope you have enjoyed today’s feature – Savannah Senior News – Enjoy a memorable Grandparent’s Day with your family!
Stay tuned for more of the latest Savannah senior events, activities, and resources.
Coastal Empire seniors is your Savannah senior citizen magazine, online and local 365 days a year.
Best wishes for a wonderful Grandparent’s Day Savannah.
Daryl Fant, Publisher Coastal Empire Seniors – Savannah senior citizen news, resources, and inspiration.