Savannah Senior Thanksgiving Inspiration – Turn those leftovers into something special
For Savannah Seniors, Thanksgiving is a special holiday – and one we look forward to each year.
Thanksgiving is also a lot of work for our Savannah seniors!
We coordinate family visits, dust off secret recipes past down for generations, and cook and clean and clean and cook some more.
After all the hard work and anticipation, another Thanksgiving is over for Coastal Georgia seniors. Or is it? You have the Thanksgiving leftovers right? Many Coastal Georgia seniors turn their Thanksgiving leftovers into “Mini-parties” with friends and keep the celebration going for a few extra days.
If you would like to put your Thanksgiving leftovers to good use, here are some of the activities other Coastal Georgia seniors enjoy:
- Pot luck card game. Whether your game is Bridge or Hearts, call a few friends to bring a couple of their leftovers to merge with yours and you’ve got an instant catered get together.
- Football watching party. Invite over a few friends and turn on the game. Put the spread on the counter and let your friends help themselves during the commercials.
- Thanksgiving leftover swap. Even if you like it the first time (or second time), there comes a time when you have had enough of even the best Thanksgiving treat. Invite friends to meet with their leftovers and do a swap – trade your squash casserole for your friend’s pecan pie or your friend’s famous buttermilk pie for your grandma’s recipe pumpkin pie from scratch.
- Thanksgiving leftover progressive dinner. Spend an evening, or an entire day, with your friends going from one home to another sampling the best of each friend’s Thanksgiving leftovers. While you’re there play some dominos, scrapbook, play a little Bunko or just gossip about your Thanksgiving with your families.
We hope today’s feature, Savannah Senior Thanksgiving Inspiration – Turn those leftovers into something special, has been helpful.
Enjoy your Savannah Senior Thanksgiving with family – then enjoy it again with friends and neighbors.
Your Thanksgiving leftovers don’t have to be boring – many Coastal Georgia seniors will turn them into a blessing this year.
Are you interested in getting your message to our Savannah area senior citizens 55+?With over 200 local articles each year, no one provides more news, information, and inspiration to seniors across Coastal Georgia.
Be sure to as about our “Best in Georgia” Search Engine Optimization service.
No one can do more to make sure your next client finds you in Google searches.
- Daryl Fant, Coastal Empire Seniors – Online Lifestyle Magazine for Seniors 55+ in Coastal Georgia
- (512) 567-8068
You can advertise effectively to seniors in Savannah and Coastal Georgia.
We can help.